The World of Kinin
Races of Kinin
Return to Main Page
On the world of Kinin, there are many and varied races. This is an expansion on the basic PHB rules for character development for the different races of Kinin. Kinin is designed to be a game where anything can be played. Sources such as race books from other fantasy settings and books like Savage Species will find their true home here. Below are some notes on the standard 3.5 races, as well as one or two that have been added from old books.
DM’s should be encouraged to allow people to play monsters as races, within the limits of their games. Places like Bringinhar and Arcana are quite accepting, while places like Pallum and Romulus are not. If a player wants to be an Argonian, let them, but warn them that most taverns will not be a place they can stay easily.
As a general rule, any race that has a Level Adjustment should also be playable, however the variant rule where Level Adjustments, (not racial Hit Dice) are reduced by one every 5 levels. For example, a character with a +2 Level Adjustment would reach 5th Level and lose 1 Level Adjust, and the other upon reaching Level 10.
- Dwarf: Mountain, Hill, Deep, Duergar
- Elf: Sun, Moon, Wood, Drow
- Gnome: Rock, Deep, Forest
- Half Dragon: Chromatic & Metallic Dragons
- Half Elf: All
- Half Gnomes
- Half Orc: Half Red, Green, Black
- Halfling: Tallfellow, Stout, Wild
- Human: Caucasion, Asian, Negro, Plainsfolk
- Rakasta: Simbasta, Sherkasta, Pantesta, Jubesta